Nov 22, 2010

Update...

Well, I was induced at 2:30pm Sunday.

My cervix was still only 2cm by 10pm at which point the doctor broke my water. I escaped the crochet hook. It only took him poking the sac with his finger a few times to rupture it. Very disgusting.

After that the contraction pain got significantly worse, and some serious back pain started happening too. I was not expecting back labour and boy does it hurt.

After a ton of those uber painful contractions, and the realization that since I'm not progressing quickly, I decided to get an epidural.

I was upset with myself at first but I've been up since 7am. I haven't eaten since before noon. I'm already tired and I couldn't imagine back labour for potentially up to another 12 hours. It was right for me and I'm ok with it.

After having it I was immediately more comfortable and now Ryan and I can both get some rest so that I can push the baby out.

By almost 12:30 I was 3cm dilated. If it takes 1hr to dilate 1/2 centimeter, that puts pushing time around 2pm or so.

Next time I post we'll have a baby!

No comments: